Saturday, November 15, 2008

Interface Design Critique of the Kindle by Amazon

Since my original Web 2.0 presentation was not strictly on a Web 2.0 tool but on the Kindle eBook reader by Amazon, I did my critique on the Kindle. Although I expected that the critique would be much different for a device than for a web page or web tool, I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did the critique outline fit quite well for the Kindle; but also it provided me with fresh insights into the design of the Kindle. After completing the assignment, I had a much better appreciation for the design and designers of the Kindle.

You can read my complete review of the Kindle on my Wiki.

2 comments:

miles said...

It's interesting to note that the new Kindle will supposedly have an even better screen--and I think the screen is already one of the strong points.

Also of interest: The head of Frog Design wrote the fiirst (and perhaps most bitter) review of the Kindle here,
and guess who Amazon hired to redesign it? Frog Design. We'll see if they can make it even better, eh?

Marshall said...

Miles --
Thanks for the reference to Frog Design's review of the Kindle. It was quite interesting.