Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 2: An online student in an unonline world

Last night I was the sole online student for the itec830 class. I have taken itec online classes before and usually there are one or two others online. It can get lonely when you are the only one online. It helped immensely that Joshua--even though he was physically in the classroom--was performing as an online student. For the most part, I was able to follow classroom conversations, however I was not able to participate too effectively in them. One thing that would have been nice is to form a small team during the breakout session that included me and two or three of the inclass students, but interacting over Elluminate. Maybe we can try that next week. I do find online interactions in small groups quite effective for learning.

No comments: